Teen girls today are faced with body image issues, pressures from boyfriends and their social circles, questions about their changing bodies and the emotional ups and downs that can occur. At Boruch Midwifery PC, we help teens survive and thrive during this tumultuous time in their lives.
We offer a teen-friendly environment, providing an hour-long teen-focused medical history interactive interview. During this time, the patient’s parent or guardian may be asked to leave the room to allow for a more private setting for discussions with the patient. In some cases, the first visit may only consist of a conversation so that we get to know each other. It’s important that each and every one of our patients is at ease. In fact, many times we do not do a physical exam until the patient has been to our clinic two or three times.
During a patient’s teenage years, a visit to an OB/GYN should focus primarily on preventative measures, such as:
- First exams/education for teens
- Assistance with menstrual problems, including PMS
- Well Woman exams
- Care of common gynecologic problems
- Information about and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Cancer screenings, Pap smears and breast exams
Annual Teen Health and Wellness Exams
At Boruch Midwifery PC, we offer a wide range of teen health and wellness tests and exams. We also provide advice and treatment for common gynecological problems. Our annual teen health and wellness exams include:
- Testing for human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Screening and counseling for HIV
- Appropriate contraception methods (depending on age and sexual history)