Contraception is a term that relates to the method used to prevent pregnancy. Choosing the right method of birth control is an important decision that will impact a woman’s everyday life. At Boruch Midwifery PC, we’re here to help you choose the right method of contraception — one that best fits your lifestyle and needs.
There are many contraception options available on the market today. The important factors we ask our patients to consider about their birth control include frequency, convenience, effectiveness and side effects. It’s important to consider your age, lifestyle, past contraceptive experiences and current health status as well. The decision is yours to make, and our expertise and knowledge can help lead you to the right choice.
Below you’ll find some of the contraception options we can discuss during our consultation.
Hormonal Contraception Methods
- OCPs (“Oral Contraceptive Pill” or “The Pill”, combination and progesterone-only pills)
- Depo Provera (A shot that provides birth control for 3 months)
- NuvaRing (A flexible piece of plastic that’s inserted into the vagina to provide birth control for 1 month)
- EvraPatch (A birth control skin patch that lasts for 1 week)
- Mirena IUD (An IUD that lasts 5 years)
- Skyla IUD (An IUD that lasts 3 years, ideal for teens)